Introducing Me

Introducing Me
     
     Hi I'm Christian Geramiah Profeta or mainly referred to as Geramiah. I was born and raised in San Diego, California and grew up with my mom & two older sisters. Ever since I could remember I was obsessed with art and anything to do with it. When I was super little, I saw Spider-Man in theaters and got inspired to draw because of scene where Peter was drawing his suit. Although my hopes and dreams of becoming Spider-Man were disappointed at that point, I fell in love with drawing. I would draw all the time as a kid becoming the art kid in class and would sell comics I made to others class even though that wasn't allowed 😅.  
      When my mom let me watch channels like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel...I fell in love with art. Even though I may have not known exactly what art jobs there were for animation studios at the time, I knew I wanted to be a part of it. All of my heroes growing up were never on SportsCenter, the news, actors or even alive for that matter; everyone I looked up to was drawn and felt more alive to me than some actual people. The people who I did look up to who were alive were the creators and artists of my favorite tv shows like Kids Next Door, Ed Edd n Eddy, Regular Show, Avatar the Last Airbender, and so much more. The great thing about channels like those three for me were that some times they would show you how to draw those characters and how those scenes were made and shot.
      With those people inspiring me, I wanted to be just like them and do storyboarding. I've always been interested in the process of how the actual scene could go down rather than the final product which made me want to be in this part of animation. After graduating high school and going to community college, I wanted to go to a school that would present the best teachers to learn these needed skills, a place where I could meet people who were in the same field and a place that give me the opportunity to make connections. My short term goals are to improve my craft and learn the necessary skills from going to Cal State Fullerton. My long term goal and dream ever since I was a little kid is to work for Cartoon Network as a storyboard artist and eventually be given the opportunity to create my own tv show. However I know with all great things, it takes a lot of hard work so I will do anything it takes to reach this goal alongside all my talented classmates!

Comments